PHEZULU SAFARI PARK is an exciting tourism venue, situated in Botha’s Hill, only 35 km’s from central Durban. This picturesque park has magnificent views of the world-famous Valley of a 1000 Hills. At Phezulu village, the world famous Gasa clan has over the last 30 years, allowed visitors to Phezulu the opportunity to savour the taste and feel the rhythm of Africa. Visitors are taken into traditional beehive shaped thatched huts, where the various artifacts, beliefs and rituals are explained, giving foreigners an insight into the fascinating Zulu culture. The Zulu dancing show is impressive with the dancers in their traditional garb, showing off their skills with grace, agility and humour- a truly unforgettable experience! Take park in Zulu spear and shield making.
Our show times are 10:00, 11:30, 14:00 and 15:30.
Phezulu also offers a Crocodile and Snake Park where knowledgeable guides will take our guests on a tour. They will learn interesting facts about crocodiles and snakes, as well as meet Ramesis our 90 year old Nile crocodile and have a hands-on experience with Cleo our Burmese python that weighs in at 42 kilograms.
Come view our new exotic snake cages.
Ticket are priced per person includes the following:
– Zulu Cultural Village Tour
– Traditional Zulu Dancing Show
– Crocodile Park
– Snake Park
- We are situated in the middle of the Valley of a1000 Hills, and our views are outstanding. Phezulu boasts one of the best Curio shops in Kwa-Zulu Natal as well as a Swazi Candle shop with beautifully sculptured hand made candles.
- The Boma Restaurant serves meals ranging from Traditional Zulu meals or Crocodile steaks to toasted sandwiches and burgers.
- Phezulu has a one hour scenic Game drive. On the drive you will see wildebeest, impala, blesbok, zebra and giraffe. You will be taught about medicinal plants in the area as well as experience the amazing views.
- Hidden away on the edge of the Valley, Phezulu offers a self-catering cottage.
- The cottage is a fully equipped self catering venue which sleeps 5.
PheZulu Safari Park Bookings & Reservations Office
Old Main Road • Bothas Hill
Durban • KwaZulu-Natal
Tel: +27 (0)31 777 1205
Fax: +27 (0)31 777 1405
PheZulu Guesthouse: +27 (0)31 777 1205
PheZulu Safari Park Management
PheZulu Safari Park GPS Co-ordinates
GPS 29.755 38 S – 30.724 97 E
704m above sealevel
FROM NORTH OR SOUTH COAST:
– Go on N3 to Pietermaritzburg toll road.
– Take N3 toll road to Pietermaritzburg.
– Go through the Marianhill toll plaza.
– The first off ramp left – Assagay/Shongweni/Hillcrest, take this off ramp.
– At STOP street turn right into Kassier Road over N3 freeway ± 5km.
– At T-Junction (Set of robots) turn left, this is Old Main Road (R103) ± 7km.
– Phezulu is on your right hand side.